Let’s get real – your home probably has some dull, old fixtures that you are sick of looking at.
Honestly, it’s too easy to let little things like doorknobs and trim styles slip through your mind. How many times per day do you pass those cabinets you’ve been meaning to stain forever, and then you were going to replace the hardware, and then you were going to get new paint for the walls, and then…….
We all make the lists we never seem have time to get to, but we say GO FOR IT! JUST DO IT! GET IT DONE WITH!
We think you’ll agree when you see the results. Taking little steps is okay, and so is going slowly (as long as you never stop!)
- Peel-and-stick wall panels or wall paper to make changing things up simple
- New counter tops – they’ve got faux granite paint kits now days if you’re not ready to replace yet
- A new backsplash with modern colors and shapes
- New fixtures and hardware like door handles, shower heads, faucets, locks, cabinet handles, etc.
- Area rugs, particularly helpful with high-traffic areas
- Update your light switches to help your electricity efficiency
These are just some simple suggestions if you’re not quite ready for a full makeover. These options can help modernize and update your home to feel a little bit more comfortable for you and your guests.